Oklahoma is enjoying Tax Free Weekend this weekend. Tax Free Weekend began Friday, August 3 at 12:01 a.m. and will last through Sunday, August 5 at 11:59 p.m. Here are more details about what does and does not qualify in Oklahoma this weekend.
Items that Qualify for Tax-Free Status in Oklahoma
Clothing and shoes up to $100 each qualify for tax-free status. Here are examples of clothing and accessory items that qualify for tax free status.
- Athletic supporters
- Baby receiving blankets, diapers
- Bathing suits, caps
- Beach capes & coats
- Belts, suspenders
- Clothing in general: shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, coveralls, dresses, jeans, shorts, etc.
- Coats, jackets
- Ear muffs
- Formal wear
- Garters, garter belts, hosiery, underwear
- Gloves and mittens (general use, not sports gloves)
- Golf clothing (caps, dresses, shirts, skirts, pants)
- Hats, caps
- Lab coats
- Neck ties
- Rubber pants
- Shoes, shoe laces, sneakers
- Socks, stockings
- Steel-toed shoes
- Uniforms, athletic and non-athletic
- Wedding apparel
Items that Do NOT Qualify for Tax-Free Status in Oklahoma
Clothing and shoes that aren’t listed in the categories in the preceding section, or which cost more than $100 each, do not qualify.