'Modern Warfare 2' is kicking-off a new era for Call of Duty on October 28th.
Activision shared details about the upcoming release in a blog on their website:
"Call of Duty is taking a generational leap forward, ushering in a new era — and it all begins with Modern Warfare® II, which leads the most ambitious rollout ever across the franchise. This state-of-the-art experience is set to reshape the famed series and appeal to Call of Duty players everywhere.
- Modern Warfare II, the sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) releases October 28.
- The all-new Call of Duty®: Warzone™ 2.0 comes out later this year.
- An all-new mobile experience that will bring Call of Duty: Warzone to players on the go, is in development.
- One unified engine across the franchise beginning with Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.
- RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™ will release on day one of Modern Warfare II and the new Warzone.
- Call of Duty is coming back to Steam on PC starting with Modern Warfare II.
- And there’s more to come…"
And for those of us who are obsessed with Warzone (like myself) here's what they're saying so far...
"Warzone in the Next Generation for Call of Duty and Additional Content
October 28 marks a new beginning for Call of Duty, starting with the release of Modern Warfare II. Soon after, a wholly new Warzone will launch as an extension of the Modern Warfare II universe. With it comes new technology, new features, and new gameplay that work seamlessly together. Throughout, we have taken a wide range of community feedback to heart. In order to fully deliver this state-of-the-art experience, Warzone 2.0 will feature new Modern Warfare II content and systems with brand-new progression and inventories. Today’s Warzone will continue as a separate experience that will include a continuation of player progression and inventories within that Warzone experience. We can’t wait to share more details soon.
Development on the all-new, dynamic Warzone 2.0 experience is also being led by Infinity Ward, along with Raven Software. The new, free-to-play battle royale Warzone also features the same technology powering Modern Warfare II, so both titles leverage the Call of Duty engine that first debuted with Modern Warfare (2019), providing the most seamless and advanced Call of Duty experiences ever.
In addition, expect more intel on a new sandbox mode and the brand-new playspace as we get closer to launch."
You can pre-order now at participating retailers and digital storefronts, or at CallofDuty.com. Pre-ordering also gets you access to the Open Beta.